Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How pregnancy can change your outlook on life

Check out our latest Real Life Story, submitted from a mother who was pro-abortion before she had her first daughter. Her daughter has Down syndrome, and now she can't understand why people would vote for candidates who would do nothing about the shockingly high abortion rates for disabled children.
Prior to having my first child, I was solidly “pro-choice.” Live and let live, I said! To each their own! I can vividly recall arguing with my future mother-in-law and her best friend about it: “I’d never get one but I shouldn’t be able to tell another woman what to do with her body!” Fifteen years later I wonder how those two kept their cool with a very naive 20-year-old me. To their credit, they never once called me stupid to my face.

It didn’t occur to me at the time how flawed my reasoning was: not just flawed, but completely asinine. I had the talking points down well before the “war on women.” The National Organization of Women had nothing on me—until I became pregnant, that is.
READ THE REST OF PAULINE'S REAL PROLIFE STORY