Friday, September 20, 2013

Prolife artwork at Grand Rapids' Art Prize

A woman who survived abortion attempts while in her mother's womb in India is sharing the prolife message through photography with people who will flock to Grand Rapids to see Art Prize 2013.  
Photo of "IMAGE"
“IMAGE” brings my story to life in celebrating pregnancy and birth. It is a series of sequential photographs of mother and child before and after birth to emphasize that children are knit together in their mothers’ wombs (Ps. 139) and made in the IMAGE of God (Gen 1:27). It is displayed as a lenticular, emphasizing the before and after of pregnancy. As you walk by it, you will be able to see and feel the change. As this is the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade and abortion is becoming so normalized, I believe, God through my story gave me a real heart to have a voice for unborn children. Whether one week or full term, a child in the womb is a human being and should be treated as an IMAGE bearer of God.

18 months ago, I took some photographs of my sister-in-law and newborn nephew, which unbeknownst to me, the Lord was using as a starting block for "IMAGE". 17 women participated in making it possible. I knew all but two of the women prior to beginning this piece and each were more than willing to participate as they also value the sanctity of life. 

BETHANY SANDERSON'S ART PRIZE PAGE